With a roof certification from a certified roof inspector Houston specialists, you can rest easy. Texas Prime Roofing has done a thorough analysis of roofs in Houston TX so you won’t be taken off balance by any costly vulnerabilities later on. Our roofing certification is good for two to five years, so you can rest easy knowing your new home is covered.
Our roofing certification service is more comprehensive than the roofing inspection included with our standard home inspection packages, and it conveniently covers anything you need for a safe roof. We will provide you with a full report of the necessary fixes if we discover any issues that we are unable to fix on the spot. Never before has there been such a wide range of options for achieving peace of mind!
What Is a roof certification, exactly?
A roof certification is an inspection that decides the condition of a roof and forecasts how long it may last. They aren’t typically part of a regular home inspection, and they aren’t often listed in sales contracts. Truth-in-Housing principles and laws control renovations before they are resold in every community. There are no city ordinances requiring vendors to patch collapsed roofs. Review the laws of the region that you want to sell.
A home inspection would not require a Roof qualification. Home inspectors do not conduct certifications unless they have been certified, licensed, and paid to do so. Rather, many roofing inspectors climb to the top of the roof and make comments on:
- Roofing materials that are missing pieces or are loose
- The general condition of the roofing materials
- Architectural details can be contained in the shape of ridges, caps, and drip edges.
- Sinks, downspouts, and gutters’ structural integrity
- Roof tubing, chimneys, vents, valleys, and HVAC panel assembly all require flashing.
A roofing inspection company tests a roof depending on the same standards as well as other considerations that influence the roof’s lifespan (as well as your pocketbook).
Whether or not the roof requires maintenance, the roofing company may estimate its lifespan and certify its condition. The certificate is valid for two or five years, depending on local customs.
The roofing company can issue the certificate after the roof has been repaired, regardless of whether it needs to be repaired. If the roof is protected by a warranty, make sure all harm is restored whilst it is still in place.
Certified roof inspector Houston TX
Getting a clean, energy-efficient, and up-to-code roof is the most valuable investment you will make in your house. You will depend on us to have an unbiased appraisal based on a thorough inspection of both the interior and exterior factors when you need the roof inspected, whether for new construction compliance, purchasing a current house, insurance requirements, or simply to be safe. Our trained roof inspectors blend years of practice with cutting-edge technology including infrared detectors and aerial photography to provide you with the most reliable results possible.
Give Texas Prime Roofing in Houston TX a call or fill out our online estimate-request form the next time you need your roof examined, whether it’s for your business or your home.
- What do inspectors look for during a roof certification inspection? We look for signs of poor maintenance, such as corrosion of roofing products, improper installation, or outdated installation techniques.
- During roofing inspections, what are the most common issues discovered? At the flashing, we often find worn shingles, slipped bricks, and cracked sealants, all of which allow water into the building.
- What will the results of my roof inspection be? We provide you with a detailed, printed report and certificate that you can use to help you sell your home or giving you peace of mind when purchasing a new home!
- How long do you think my roof would last? We will assist you in determining the lifespan of your roof through our certification inspection! Roofs can last up to 100 years, while tile roofs can last 50 to 100 years and asphalt shingles can last 20 to 40 years.
- Will you inspect my roof if I have solar panels? We can, without a doubt! Solar panels typically don’t get in the way of the inspection and approval procedure.
How do I know if I need a certified roof inspector in Houston?
When a Buyer purchases a home, there might be a requirement for a Roof Certification. A homeowner typically hires accredited consultants to inspect the home they choose to purchase. These inspections may notify the Buyer of any roof problems that include roof maintenance and the issuance of a Roof Certification before their home purchasing is completed.
Prior to drafting loan paperwork, funding the loan, or closing the loan, the lender’s appraiser will find roof problems that will necessitate the issuance of a Roof Certification as a prerequisite. An insurance company underwriter may deny a homeowner insurance policy on a home with a questionable roof in order to cover their liability on a home with a problematic roof. Since many of the houses are bank-owned and sold “as-is,” it’s a good idea to have a Roof Certification and be sure the roof won’t be a problem in the near future.
Verify that your roof certification is s warranty from future roof leaks for the entire roof.
Since there is no widely agreed definition of a Roof Certification, it’s essential to think of what the Roofing Contractor is selling when they issue one. The fact that you received a Roof Certification would not mean that this Roof Certification Houston TX comes with a guarantee against roof leaks. A traditional Roof Qualification will mention a range of exclusions or pre-existing conditions that are expressly exempt from the Roof Certification.
Many Roof Certifications are needed when buying or selling a home. The roof leaks until escrow shuts, and it’s discovered that the most recent leak patch isn’t covered by the Roof Certification owing to an omission, a pre-existing problem, a dollar limit, or the fact that the Roof Certification wasn’t a Leak Warranty.
A Roof Certification can often state that it is not a guarantee against leaks, implying that if a subsequent breach happens, the Homeowner may be liable for fixing the leak at their own expense. Roof certifications may only apply to a newly completed fix and do not have protection for the rest of the roof. Be sure that your Roof Certification provides a protection for maintenance against any possible roof leaks for the entire roof; otherwise, it would be worthless to you.